Sunday, August 28, 2016

Grays Peak Vodka and the Cucumber Cooler

Grays Peak, a charcoal-filtered vodka made in Minnesota, is a surprisingly inexpensive choice with a classic flavor. And I love the bottle. I highly recommend the straight vodka, but can’t endorse the flavored varieties – both because I’m not a fan of flavored vodkas and because the lemon bits freeze, which is unpleasant. (I haven’t yet tried the gin, but I’m excited to.)

It’s a good choice for refreshing summer cocktails, like the Cucumber Cooler, which should be a thing. Here’s the recipe from Food and Wine:
In a cocktail shaker, muddle three cucumber slices. Add five to eight fresh mint leaves, an ounce of lime juice, an ounce of St-Germain* and an ounce and a half of vodka. Add ice, shake like crazy, and strain into a tall glass over fresh ice. Add a splash (about an ounce) of club soda on top. Garnish with more cucumber and mint.
* (Also vegan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment